COMPASS is a reliable, quick and convenient way for people to find information about health and human services in Georgia.
A program which offers medical coverage to blind or disabled adults, elderly, children, pregnant women, and families is known as Medicaid. You can apply through Compass where you can compare all Medicaid programs and choose which one is suitable for you to get.
The Food Stamp:
The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program is also named as the Food Stamp Program and federally funded that provides benefits to low-income households on a monthly basis to support them to meet the food needs and cover the expenses.
- The program is designed to give the monthly benefits to low-income families.
- Members will get maximum help to pay for the cost of food.
- The program provides nutrition education.
- Eligible families will get the support to meet their nutritious and food requirements.
- The program promotes the active lifestyles and healthy eating.
- Member will get employment and training opportunities to support the advantages of the program to eligible households and communities.
Who Can Apply For Benefits?
- Anybody can get the food stamp benefits who is experiencing the fleeting crisis as well as whose earnings is below or at the poverty level.
- The program supports the families who have limited resources and low income
You May Be Eligible if:
- You are a legal resident in the United States
- Have an assured legal alien status if you are not a resident.
- You provide evidence of the family’s situation.
- The monthly income does not exceed the income limits based on individuals who live in the family.
How Do You Apply?
To apply for benefits one of the followings may complete an application for assistance:
- The head of household
- A family member
- Authorized person representing the household
You can receive the application from the DHS website or your local County Department of Family and Children Services.
- Go to the local office to apply
- contact the office by phone to request to mail an application to your home address
- Have someone get a form for you.
How To Apply?
You may download the blank application through the website. Fill out the form with accurate details and send it to your local county office. Follow the instructions to download and apply for the application.
- First, you need to visit the link that is ga.govfrom your web browser to apply for benefits.
- Press the link stated “Click Here” to apply for Food Stamps/SNAP.
- Read valuable information about the advantages, download the form and start providing the required data in the online form.
- Applicant details:
- Enter some information about the candidate in the given c
- Enter first name, middle name, last name, and suffix.
- Type the street address where you live.
- Enter the city name, state and ZIP code.
- Provide the mailing address if different, city, state and postal code.
- Leave your primary telephone number, other contact number and email address.
- Do signature and enter the date.
- Witness signature and date is also required.
- Next, complete the section only if you want someone to fill out your application.
- Enter name address, phone number, address, apartment number, city, state, and ZIP code.
- You can select more than one person to apply on your behalf if you are applying for Medicaid.
- Answer the questions regarding applicant and all eligible family members to see if you can get Food Stamps faster (within seven days).
- Fill out all sections and return it to your local DFCS office.
The benefits rest on upon:
- The value of family income and deductions used in the costing method.
- Total persons of household eligible for food stamp program
- Some advantages may affect in the first month by the date of application
The benefits are provided every month as long as the family remains eligible. You can access your benefits through your EBT account until you use them even when your food stamp case closes.
Services OfOnline Account:
- Applicants who sign up for n online account may check the status of their application anytime.
- If you create an account, you can use the COMPASS Pre-screening Tool to check your eligibility for other DHS programs.
- Moreover, you can report changes in household situations and renew your benefits online.
You can ask for any assistance by calling at 1-877-423-4746 and talk to the representative. You can access:
- language interpreter
- the require accommodations for a disability
- help completing forms
Call the service center for assistance in obtaining information to complete your application.