COMPASS is an ultimate way to get useful information about health and human services in Georgia. If you are looking for certain health benefits, you must visit the official website to get complete information about benefits.
compass.ga.gov: Compass.ga.gov is an online source where you can get food stamp and Medicaid benefits in Georgia.
Medicaid: A program that delivers health care services to persons. To become eligible for the benefits, you must meet the requirements for resources, income, and citizenship.
What Do You Need To Apply?
Basic requirements to determine eligibility for the program includes:
- Aged 65 or older
- Blind or Disabled
- Application for other benefits
- Qualified Alien status
- Valid social security number (SSN)
- Cooperation with Child Support Service (CSS)
- Assignment of medical benefits to DMA
- Living with a specified relative
- Agreement with office of child supports services
- Income is all money, cash or any support and earned or unearned to meet basic needs for shelter, clothing, and food.
- Income is considered on a monthly basis
- Income is used to decide financial entitlement and benefit level.
- Collaboration with Georgia Department of Human Services Division of Child Support Services is a condition of getting some types of health benefits.
- Applicants can apply for services and benefits at any local DFCS office, by mail or by telephone.
How To Apply For Medicaid?
- Go to the link that is ga.govfrom your web browser.
- Hover over the “Apply for Benefits” link and press the “Click Here” link to apply for Health coverage.
- Download the applications Form 297, 297A and 297M. All three must be completed.
- Fill out the form with requested data. Enter information about the applicant.
- Type first name, middle initial, last name and suffix.
- Enter street address where you live.
- Provide city, state and ZIP code.
- Type the mailing address, city, state, and ZIP code.
- Leave your primary phone number and another contact number.
- Enter email address.
- If you want someone to submit your application then just complete the given section with required data.
- For Medicaid, you can select more than one person to apply for medical assistance on your behalf.
- Provide the name, phone number, address, Apartment number, city, state, and ZIP code.
- Complete further sections with accurate details.
Other Ways To Apply:
- In-person: Visit your local DFCS office and request a paper application.
- Customer Contact Center: You can also call the center at 877-423-4746 and ask them to mail an application at your address.
- All you need is to complete the form with the name of the head of household, address, the signature of the head and date.
- Complete all sections and submit your application by mail or in person to your local DFCS office.
Sign up for the online account and get quick and easy access to all features and services anytime as needed. Once you create an account, you can:
- Report changes in household circumstances
- Check the status of your application
- Renew your benefits online
How To Access Online Account?
- Hover over to “My Account” button.
- Select “Login” button if you already have an account.
- Enter your user ID.
- Provide your account password in next section.
- Press the “Login” button.
- Click the “Forgot Password” link.
- Enter user ID in specified space.
- Follow the steps to reset your password.
Setting Up Account:
- Hit the “Create” button to begin the registration.
- Start with personal information.
- Enter social security number and date of birth.
- Next, you have to provide the case information.
- Input valid client ID.
- Provide the child care case number in next space.
- Press the “Continue” button and follow the steps to complete the application. You have to fill out all sections with accurate data.
Contact the customer contact center by calling at 877-423-4746 to get answers about health and human services.